I’ve really loved running the Shadowrun campaign I’ve been doing. I’ve had a stellar group of roleplayers who have really made the game come alive. I’ve also learned a whole lot.
Had my character creation for my Shadowrun game, “The Motley Institute,” a few weeks ago. Feeling pretty jazzed about it. You can check out the wiki to get a sense of the characters we have going. The quick version is:
- Gay ork who used to be an Urban Brawl star.
- Free sprite. Not spirit. Sprite.
- Former IRA spy who is hiding in Seattle after getting into trouble in Tir na n&Oaccute;g.
- Fire-oriented mage of Arabic descent who steals from the rich and gives to the poor.
- A former mercenary who is trying to find a life outside of killing. (He has worked up to taking care of plants.)
- A pixie professor of parazoology who does this on the side in order to do field research for the book he’s writing.
I am so full of squee about this it hurts.
Been a while since I did a state of the gaming or anything, so I thought I’d do a quick update with a few gamer related comments. I have other stuff I want to write about here, but just haven’t had time in light of my aggressive fiction writing schedule. But here’s a few random thoughts on gaming. First, a rant about White Wolf. Then a general update about the state of my gaming.
I’ve got another One Hit Wonder post I need to get up, but I figure I’ll wait a little before posting it. Not too long, though, since I’m theoretically running another one this upcoming Sunday.
But I figured I’d let people know that I’m going to be doing Shadowrun and I’m going to play around with a first wave of fixes that I want to try. When the girlfriend starts finding pictures of her character and asking me info about mechanics and setting, I figure I’ve been put on notice that I’ll be doing a command performance for Her Grace, the Duchess of Yarn-Craft.